Annual House Tour will be filled with wonderous sights to see – a great start to the 2018 Holiday Season
TICKETS STILL AVAILABLE!!! STILL $25pp (pre-tour sales; $30 day of tours)
At 9am Santa will lead children over to Bethany United Methodist Church for photos, stories, games, and refreshments.
At 10am the festivities for grown-ups will start when select homes open their doors to ticketed guests. Decorated by the homeowners and members of the Chesapeake Bay Garden Club, each house will be dressed in festive colors and fresh greenery. Several homes will highlight their owner’s private collections – including antique Christmas mementos.
Omega Protein has graciously agreed to lead tours of their newly-restored SMITH BUILDING (an old fish factory next to the iconic Reedville Stack) during the two-day tour. Folks can drive over to the stack area for a great tour! A special thank you to ALL of the folks at Omega!
On the Museum’s campus, guests will enjoy tours of the Museum and the Walker House (oldest home in Reedville), shop at the Museum’s gift shop, and watch the “running of the trains” at our Model Shop. Hot cider and cookies will be available in the Walker House (along with other surprises).
On Friday afternoon (1-5) and Saturday (10-5), across the side street from Festival Halle (177 Main Street), the annual Artisans’ Christmas Bazaar will feature LOTS of wonderful hand-crafted items, including festive foods, books, and one-of-a-kind gifts. Sales will be brisk! A special thank you to Ernestine Luttrell (Bazaar coordinator) and ALL of her volunteers. And, a heartfelt thanks to ALL of the vendors!
On Saturday and Sunday, at Festival Halle, participants can warm themselves with free hot cider and a cookie at our Holiday Cafe, purchase some yummy num nums at the bake sale, and view the beautiful “Tablescapes” created by nine local non-profits. Our thanks to Carol Cole, Debbie Boze, Nadine Leisz and the countless volunteers for making this a truly magical place during our “CCC” weekend!
From the Museum’s dock you can climb aboard one of the boats for a tour of the Creek and the harbor! Free – weather permitting!
At the end of this beautiful day guests are invited to participate in the annual Christmas tree lighting – 5:15pm when merry-makers will meet at the Reedville Community Gazebo (on the Bethany United Methodist Church lot) to light the tree and sing, drank hot chocolate, and watch as Mr. and Mrs. “Mate” Swift throw the switch to light the tree for the 2018 Holiday Season!
Tours continue – from 11-4! Boats from the Museum’s dock running as they fill up – weather permitting. All activities on-going at Festival Halle, the homes, and the Museum. Note that there is no Santa or Bazaar on Sunday.
- The Steamboat House at 532 Main Street – new home of Stacey Stickley and Mark Roy… wonderful, light-filled house sitting on the Creek
- The Carroll House at 560 Main Street – new home of Michele Ginnerty and Dan Carroll. Terrific American four-square with an interesting blend of modern and antique!
- The Pittman Cottage at 1126 Fleeton Rd – home of Sally & John Baffa. This sweet cottage is filled with photography that honors their family and their love of nature.
- The Red Cottage at 217 Roseland Rd – home of Charley & Maureen Gillmer. A lovely home filled with family treasures and a sense of whimsy!
- The Smith Building – Omega Protein’s newly renovated fish factory sitting next the Reedville’s iconic Stack. This amazing building is now the corporate offices for Omega- and filled with wonderful c1950 images of the water and local fishermen.
Friday’s 2nd annual “Mistletoe & Mimosas” fashion show & brunch promises to be a huge success (special thanks to Sherri Mesco, owner of Dream’s Fashion Boutique, and Maureen Gillmer, event chair). This has become an annual event because of its immense popularity!
The Friday evening gala for homeowners, coordinated by Nadine Leisz, will be at Festival Halle.
Santa and some very happy kids!